Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills Group
Group Course Overview
- Complete course delivered in 4 modules: Distress Tolerance, Mindfulness, Emotion Regulation, Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Orientation Session: Each module starts with an orientation session that introduces you to your Hive platform and prepares and prepares you for your course
- Weekly Learning: Each week, you’ll complete 1 hour of online course content and attend a 1 hour live session with your Hive
- 1:1 Coaching: An option for students who miss a live session or need additional support
Dr. Alicia Smart
Psy.D. / DBT-Linehan Board of Certification certified therapist
Dr. Jesse Finkelstein
Psy.D. / DBT Therapist
This course is divided into four modules which are accessible via rolling admission—new students can join at the beginning of any module that is available at their desired class time.
The Distress Tolerance module in DBT is an essential part of learning how to manage intense emotions, as well as cope with crisis situations. This module helps you learn to accept reality as it is, and teaches coping strategies to regulate your emotions, tolerate distress, and increase resilience.
The Mindfulness module in DBT teaches you the skills to focus on the present moment without judgment, helping to reduce emotional reactivity and improve coping with difficult situations.
The Emotion Regulation DBT module teaches you how to manage and regulate your emotions effectively by helping you identify, understand, and change your emotional responses to different situations.
The Interpersonal Effectiveness module in DBT teaches you skills to communicate effectively, set boundaries, and maintain relationships while achieving your personal goals.
- Skills coaching
- Home practice review
- Role plays and skill practice
- Discussion topics
- Video instruction
- Reading material
- Home practice and exercises
During the course, clients can communicate via private messaging with the members of their Hive and with their coach.