In this Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice” or ‘Notice’), the words “you” and “your” refer to each customer, website visitor, or user, and mobile application user, “we”, “us”, “our”, “Company” refer to TheraHive Inc.
This Privacy Notice is meant to help you understand what information we collect, and how and why we collect it, who do we share the information with, and how you can update, manage, export, and delete your information.
We value your privacy. Please take a moment to read the entire Privacy Notice before providing any information to us and contact us if you have any questions. By visiting, submitting your information to, and/or by using our Platform or Services (collectively, ‘Platform’), you agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice. If you disagree with the practices described in this Notice, please do not disclose any information to us and do not use our Platform. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, ‘Platform’ includes TheraHive website, mobile application, other interface TheraHive may use as part of a coordinated service to deliver psychoeducational learning to you, and ‘Services’ refers to all services provided by us including any initial discussions with you, free information conference, counselling, group sessions, and other services provided through our website, any applications, over phone, video calls, messages, or application plug-ins. Please read the Terms of Service carefully prior to using any TheraHive Services.
This Notice applies to information we collect on the Platform, in email, text, over phone call, and other messages between you and the Platform (including through chatbots), and when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites, and services (if those applications or advertising include links to this Notice).
If you choose to visit and use our Platform, your visit, use, and any dispute over your privacy arising from your visit/use, is subject to this Notice and our Terms of Service (available at https://www.therahive.com/terms), including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the applicable laws.
We may make periodic changes to this Notice. If such a change is made, we will post the revised terms on our website, and where appropriate, by other means. The revised terms will be effective on the “Last Updated” date stated at the top of this Notice. Please see more on this topic under the “Updates to this Notice” section below. Different provisions may be applicable to Platform users from different countries, so please read the section applicable to you based upon your geographical location.
1. What Information Do We Collect
Personal information that you voluntarily provide us.
Information, other than non-personal information, that we collect which can be used to identify an individual (“personal information”). This would include your first name, last name, personal address, phone number, email address, your location information, your course details, certain usage information (defined below), such as IP address (if defined as personal information by applicable laws and regulations - for details see “usage information” below).
Non-personal information we collect when you access or use our Platform.
Non-personal information is information that does not necessarily identify you as an individual (“non-personal information”). This may include a variety of information, including, but not limited to, Usage information (defined below) and information related to your interaction with our Platform.
“Usage information” —information about an individual’s online activity that, by itself, does not identify the individual, such as: your activity in using our Platform (for example, terms you search for, videos you watch, your views and interactions with content and ads, purchase activity, people with whom you communicate or share content with, and activity on third-party sites and apps that use our services), technical information, including your browser type, service provider, IP address (IP address, by itself, may or may not identify you as an individual under the applicable laws and therefore this type of information may also be listed here or under subsection 1.1 “Personal information that you voluntarily provide us” above), operating system and web pages visited, and metadata, which means information related to items you made available through the Platform, such as the date or time of taking a photograph or video which you shared. We and our third-party partners may use various technologies to collect and store usage information in connection with our Platform. These may include things like cookies, other similar technologies or data collection tools (such as pixels, web beacons, and server logs), which we collectively refer to as “information collection tools.”
Generally, we do not consider usage information as personal information because usage information by itself does not usually identify an individual. Personal information and usage information, as well as different types of usage information, may be linked together and, once linked, may identify an individual. Some usage information may be personal information under applicable law and will be treated as such. If we do combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
We may collect different information from or about you depending on how you use the Platform. Below are some examples to help you better understand the information we collect.
When you create an account and use the Platform, including through a third-party platform, we collect any information you provide directly, including:
In order to enroll on the Platform, you may be required to create a user account. When you create or update your account, we collect and store the information you provide, like your email address, password, location, photo, headline, website link, or other information. We also assign you a unique identifying number.
Includes your interests, preferences, demographic information such as age, gender, or education level, and feedback and survey responses.
Parts of the Platform let you interact with other users or share content publicly, including by asking or answering questions, sending messages to students or coaches, or posting photos or other work you upload. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted.
When you enroll in and take courses, we collect certain information including which courses, assignments, and quizzes you’ve started and completed; your exchanges with coaches and other students; and essays, answers to questions, and other items submitted to satisfy course requirements.
Student Payment information
If you make purchases, we collect certain information about your purchase (such as your name and zip code) as necessary to process your order. You must provide certain payment and billing information directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and zip code. For security, TheraHive does not collect or store sensitive cardholder information, such as full credit card numbers or card authentication data.
If you access or use our Platform through a third-party platform or service, or click on any third-party links, the collection, use, and sharing of your information will also be subject to the privacy policies and other agreements of that third party, please review such policies carefully and reach out the third parties if you have any doubts/concerns.
Communications and Support
If you contact us for support or to report a problem or concern (regardless of whether you have created an account), we collect and store your contact information, messages, and other information about you like your name, email address, location, operating system, IP address, and any other information you provide or that we collect through automated means (which we cover below). We use this information to respond to you, research your question or concern, and improve our services and/or the Platform, in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
The information which we gather to identify you, authenticate you as an authorized user of the Platform, communicate with you, and record any transactions that you make. This includes information like your first name, last name, and login credentials.
Includes contact details which we gather in order to communicate information to you regarding the Platform, like location, email address, and phone number.
Marketing and Communications information
Includes information regarding your preferences with respect to receiving marketing communications from us.
The information listed above is stored by us and associated with your account.
When you access the Platform (including when you browse a course), we collect certain information by automated means, including:
Technical information about your computer or device, like your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain, and other systems information, and platform types (“System information”).
Usage statistics about your interactions with the Platform, including courses accessed, time spent on pages or the service, pages visited, website browsing history, features used, your search queries, click information, date and time, and other information regarding your use of the Platform (“Usage information”).
Approximate geographic information
An approximate geographic location, including information like country, city, and geographic
2. How Do We Get information About You
We use tools like web forms, cookies, web beacons, analytics services, and advertising providers to gather the various categories of information listed above. Some of these tools offer you the ability to opt out of information collection.
2.1 We collect Personal Information from you when you create an account on the Platform or register to use any of our services
Including when you-
- Apply for a course or any other service mentioned on the Platform;
- Download any of our content or other resources offered through the Platform;
- Participate in our user satisfaction, review, or market research surveys, promotions, and competitions;
- Voluntarily provide your information to us in order to use our Platform or communicate with us, for example, by submitting queries regarding the Platform or your course , interacting with our customer support, marketing, or sales teams, or requesting additional information from us, including newsletters or other marketing materials;
- Sign up, in person or online, for events or programs that are run by us or by the third-party organizations with which we partner;
- Connect with social media through our Platform. When you access the Platform through your Facebook or other social media account, the Platform may, depending on your privacy settings, have access to information that you have provided to the social media platform. We may use this information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or those stated at the time the information was collected. When you authorize us to have access to this information associated with your social media account, you agree that we may collect, use, and store the information provided by social media services as described in this Privacy Notice.
- Download or use apps created by us or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- Communicate with us with emails or other means.
2.2 Cookies and Information Collection Tools
As detailed in our Cookie Notice below, TheraHive and service providers acting on our behalf (like Google Analytics and third party advertisers) use server log files and automated information collection tools like cookies, tags, scripts, customized links, device, or browser fingerprints, and web beacons (together, “information Collection Tools”) when you access and use the Platform. These information Collection Tools automatically track and collect certain System information and Usage information (as detailed in Section 1.2) when you use the Platform. In some cases, we tie information gathered through those information Collection Tools to other information that we collect as described in this Privacy Notice. By using the Platform you consent to the use, storing, and accessing of your information by our use of our or third parties’ data collection tools in accordance with the terms of our Cookie Notice.
TheraHive uses the following types of cookies:
- Preferences: cookies that remember information about your browser and preferred settings that affect the appearance and behavior on the Platform (like your preferred language).
- Security: cookies used to enable you to log in and access the Platform; protect against fraudulent logins; and help detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of your account.
- Functional: cookies that store functional settings (like the volume level you set for video playback).
- Session: cookies that track your interactions with the Platform to help us improve the Platform and your browsing experience, remember your login details, and enable processing of your course purchases. These are strictly necessary for the Platform to work properly, so if you disable them then certain functionalities will break or be unavailable.
Some of the third-party partners who provide certain features on our Platform may also use Local Storage Objects (also known as flash cookies or LSOs) to collect and store information.
We use third-party browser and mobile analytics services like Google Analytics on the Platform. These services use information Collection Tools to help us analyze your use of the Platform, including information like the third-party website you arrive from, how often you visit, events within the Platform, usage and performance information, and where the application was downloaded from. We use this information to improve the Platform, better understand how the Platform performs on different devices, provide information that may be of interest to you, to engage in auditing, research, or reporting, assist with fraud prevention, and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page here.
2.4 Online Advertising
We use third-party advertising services like Facebook, Google’s ad services, and other ad networks, and ad servers to deliver advertising about the Platform on other websites and applications you use. The ads may be based on things we know about you, like your Usage information and System information (as detailed in Section 1), and things that these ad service providers know about you based on their tracking information. The ads can be based on your recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services, and may be tailored to your interests.
Depending on the types of advertising services we use, they may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, phone, or other device to collect information about your use of the Platform, and may access those tracking technologies in order to serve these tailored advertisements to you. To help deliver tailored advertising, we may provide these service providers with a hashed, anonymized version of your email address (in a non-human-readable form) and content that you share publicly on the Platform.
When using mobile applications, you may also receive tailored in-app advertisements. Apple iOS, Android OS, and Microsoft Windows each provide their own instructions on how to control in-app tailored advertising. For other devices and operating systems, you should review your privacy settings or contact your platform operator.
3. What Do We Use Your information For
We use your information to do things like provide you access to the Platform, our services, communicate with you, troubleshoot issues, secure against fraud and abuse, improve and update the Platform, analyze how people use the Platform, serve personalized advertising, and as required by law or necessary for safety and integrity.
We use the information we collect through your use of the Platform to:
- Provide access to the Platform and administer the services offered or will be offered, including to display customized content and facilitate communication with other users;
- Process your requests and orders for courses, products, specific services, information, or features and to prevent transactional fraud and investigate any potential violations;
- Communicate with you about your account by:
- Responding to your questions and concerns;
- Sending you administrative messages and information, including messages from coaches and teaching assistants, notifications about changes to the Platform, and updates to our agreements;
- Sending you information about new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available courses (which you can unsubscribe from at any time);
- Manage your account preferences;
- Contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you or send you service-related announcements
- Facilitate the services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the services, and preventing fraud and abuse;
- Design and improve the Platform and our content and to enhance your overall Platform experience, develop new products, services, and features;
- Verify your identity and carry out requests made by you on the Platform or in relation to our services;
- Maintain our records, to provide notification to users about updates, and changes to or enforce our terms, conditions, and policies;
- Evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about the Platform is among the assets transferred;
- Enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Platform;
- Solicit feedback from users;
- Help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Platform, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- Learn more about you by linking your information with additional information through third-party information providers or analyzing the information with the help of analytics service providers;
- Identify unique users across devices;
- Tailor advertisements across devices;
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage information;
- Advertise the Platform on third-party websites and applications;
- Comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena or legal process, or respond to any governmental requests and cooperate with law enforcement, if we believe such action is required or permitted by law;
- As otherwise permitted or required by applicable law;
- Where you have given consent; or
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity or rights and property of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or the Platform.
4. With Whom Do We Share Your information
We share certain information about you with coaches, other students, companies performing services for us, our business partners, analytics, and information enrichment providers, your social media providers, companies helping us run promotions and surveys, and advertising companies who help us promote the Platform . We may also share your information as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring. Lastly, we can share information in other ways if it is aggregated or de-identified or if we get your consent.
4.1 Third parties who perform services on our behalf
We may share your information with third parties under the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice:
- With your coaches: We share information that we have about you, with coaches for courses that you enroll in, for the provision of the course. This information may include things like your city, country, operating system, device settings, the site that brought you to TheraHive, and your activities on TheraHive. If we collect additional information about you (like age or gender), we may share that too.
- With other students and coaches: Your shared content and profile information may be publicly viewable, including to other students and coaches. If you ask a question to a course leader, your information (including your name) may also be viewable by other course members depending on your settings.
- With service providers, contractors, partners, and agents: We share your information with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, including without limitation, data hosting, web hosting, billing, sales, marketing, provision of content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, classroom access management, and legal services. With our partners and third parties we believe may offer products or services of interest to you. When you sign up to participate in a contest or sweepstakes, your information may also be provided to our sweepstakes or contest advertisers, operators, or sponsors and the use of that information will also be governed by those advertisers’, operators’, or sponsors’ privacy policies or practices. These service providers may access your personal information and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
- With third parties we may use: to post information about programs and events that are sponsored by or co-sponsored by other firms or organizations. Should you choose to register electronically for any of these events or submit your information to these third parties, we will have no control over the third party sponsors’ use of this information, and this Privacy Notice will not apply.
- For analytics services: As part of our use of third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics, we share certain contact information: Account information, System information, Usage information (as detailed in Section 1).
- For Advertising: If we decide to offer advertising in the future, we may use and share certain System information and Usage information with third-party advertisers and networks to show general demographic and preference information among our users. We may also allow advertisers to collect System information through information Collection Tools (as detailed in Section 2.1), and to use this information to offer you targeted ad delivery to personalize your user experience and undertake web analytics. Advertisers may also share with us the information they collect about you. To learn more or opt-out from participating ad networks’ behavioral advertising, see Section 7.1 (Your Choices About the Use of Your information) below. Note that if you opt-out, you’ll continue to be served generic ads. TheraHive uses personal information for direct marketing and shares such personal information with similarly situated third-party partners and sponsors to market additional products and services which you may have an interest in. Such partners and sponsors include, but are not limited to:
The DBT Center of Marin
To opt-out of the sharing of information with third parties please feel free to exercise your rights as detailed in Section 7.1 below.
4.2 For Security and Legal Compliance
- We may disclose your information to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is: permitted or required by law or reasonably necessary for law enforcement purposes, and to public and governmental authorities as it may be necessary by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests whether they come within or outside your country of residence as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or other legally-valid requests, or requested as part of judicial, governmental, or legal enquiry;
- We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. This also applies to non-personal information.
- We may also disclose information about you if it is reasonably necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, Privacy Notice, and other legal agreements, or required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of TheraHive, our users, employees, members of the public, or the Platform.
- We may also disclose information about you to our auditors and legal advisors in order to assess our disclosure obligations and rights under this Privacy Notice.
4.3 During a change of control
If TheraHive undergoes a business transaction like a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture, or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or some of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all of your information to the successor organization during such transition or in contemplation of a transition (including during due diligence)-
4.4 After Aggregation/De-identification
We can disclose or use aggregate or de-identified information for any purpose.
4.5 With Your Permission
With your consent, we may share information to third parties outside the scope of this Privacy Notice.
We do not purport to have listed all possible disclosures and sharing that we might make. This Privacy Notice is intended to help you understand our general practices. This Privacy Notice is not a promise that your information will never be disclosed except as described above. For example, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access information transmitted to or contained on the Platform, technologies may malfunction or not work as anticipated, or someone might access, abuse, or misuse information, despite a lack of permission. Although we use what we believe to be commercially reasonable practices to protect your privacy, that does not mean, and you should not expect it to mean, that your information or communications will always be private or protected.
We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose, in any manner, and to any third party as we deem appropriate or necessary. We may also sell non-personal information from time to time at our sole discretion. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
5. For How Long Do We Keep Your information
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as the law otherwise permits and obligates us.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information; the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; the applicable legal requirements, minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made with respect to an agreement or other matter, whether the personal information has been aggregated or pseudonymized, and other relevant criteria.
We will delete your Personal Information in accordance with the retention period specified by law. If you would like to know more about the retention periods for different kinds of Personal Information, details are available at request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may retain and use non-personal information for as long as needed and as we deem appropriate and necessary for any purposes, including but not limited to, to develop, improve, and provide services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, perform fraud prevention efforts, and enforce our agreements.
To help protect the privacy of Personal Information you transmit through use of our Platform, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. When you provide your payment information to us, this information is stored on our third-party provider’s secure servers. Our third-party provider uses encryption technology to ensure safeguards are in place. We have appropriate security measures to restrict personal information from being accidentally lost, or used, or accessed unlawfully.
We use appropriate security based on the type and sensitivity of information being stored. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. As with any internet-enabled system, there is always a risk of unauthorized access, so it’s important to protect your password and to contact us if you suspect any unauthorized access to your account.
TheraHive takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the information. Unfortunately, no system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and TheraHive, the Platform, or any information provided to us in connection with the information we collect through the Platform, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact email@example.com with any concerns. We urge you to be careful about giving out personal or private information in public areas of the Platform. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Platform.
7. Your Rights
You have certain rights in respect of the Personal Information that we hold about you, including:
- Right to request access to the information that we hold about you and the reasons for which we are processing your information;
- Right to request that your information be rectified where it is incorrect or incomplete by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you make a request to access information that we hold about, we will reply to you within one month of your request. We will comply with the requirements of information protection law when handling your request.
- The right to ask us not to process your personal information, erase your information and stop using it for marketing purposes;
We will respond to all reasonable requests in a timely manner and may need to further confirm your identity in order to process certain requests.
Additional rights may apply in certain cases:
- Right of information portability;
- Right to withdraw consent at any time (if processing of Personal Information is based on consent);
- Right to object to processing (if processing is based on legitimate interests);
- Right to object to processing of Personal Information for direct marketing purposes;
Citizens of the European Union can find out more about their information protection rights under GDPR by referring to the Supervisory Authority or national legislation of their Member State.
7.1 Your Choices About the Use of Your information
You can choose not to provide certain information to us, but you may not be able to use certain features of the Platform as a consequence.
To stop receiving promotional communications from us, you can opt out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in the promotional communication you receive or by changing the email preferences in your account. Note that regardless of your email preference settings, we will send you transactional and relationship messages regarding the Platform, including administrative confirmations, order confirmations, important updates about the Platform, and notices about our policies. You can also request to suspend all communications by emailing us at email@example.com with your request.
The browser or device you use may allow you to control cookies and other types of local information storage. Your wireless device may also allow you to control whether location or other information is collected and shared.
To get information and control cookies used for tailored advertising from participating companies, see the consumer opt-out pages for the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance, or if you’re located in the European Union, visit the Your Online Choices To opt out of Google’s display advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page.
To opt out of allowing Google Analytics to use your information for analytics or enrichment, see the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
If you have any questions about your information, our use of it, or your rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.2 Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal information
You can access and update your personal information that TheraHive collects and maintains as follows:
To update information you provide directly, or to terminate your account, both students and coaches should contact TheraHive at email@example.com with their request for deletion. Please note: even after your account is terminated, some or all of your information may still be visible to others, including without limitation any information that has been (a) copied, stored, or disseminated by other users (including in course comment); (b) shared or disseminated by you or others (including in your shared content); or (c) posted to a third-party platform. Even after your account is terminated, we retain your information for as long as we have a legitimate purpose to do so (and in accordance with applicable law), including to assist with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We may retain and disclose such information pursuant to this Privacy Notice after your account has been terminated.
You have the right to rectification of personal information held where it is incorrect or incomplete. To request to access, correct, or delete your personal information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at TheraHive, Inc., Attn: Privacy/Legal Team, 840 Autumn Ln. Mill Valley, CA 94941. Please allow up to 30 days for a response. For your protection, we may require that the request be sent through the email address associated with your account, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Please note that we retain certain information where we have a lawful basis to do so, including for mandatory record-keeping and to complete transactions.
7.3 Our Notice Concerning Children
We recognize the privacy interests of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Children under 13 (or under 16 in the European Economic Area) should not use the Platform. If we learn that we’ve collected personal information from a child under those ages, we will take reasonable steps to delete it.
Parents or guardians who believe that TheraHive may have collected Personal Information from a child under those ages can submit a request that it be removed to email@example.com.
8. Jurisdiction-Specific Rules
If you live in California, you have certain rights to request information. Users outside of the United States should note that we transfer information to the US and other areas outside of the European Economic Area in compliance with the underlying regulations as detailed below.
8.1 Users in California
- California Shine the Light law- If you are a California resident, you have the right to request certain details about what personal information we share with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To submit your request, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the phrase “California Shine the Light” and include your mailing address, state of residence, and email address.
- California Do-Not-Track (DNT) disclosure requirements- Since the internet industry is still working on Do Not Track standards, solutions, and implementations, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals. (DNT is a web browser setting which you may set to "on" or "off." When turned on, you instruct the browser to disable tracking of your web browsing activities. When you leave the DNT setting disabled in your web browser, you tell the websites you visit that you agree to have your activity tracked.)
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA): CCPA requires specific disclosures for California residents. Once the CCPA applies to us, we will comply with the specific requirements under the law. As of now, this Privacy Notice lists down the categories of information we collect and the sources of that information. We explain how we use your information. We explain when we may share your information with our affiliates and third parties. We do not sell your personal information. The CCPA also provides the right to request information about how we collect, use, and disclose your personal information. And it gives you the right to access your information and request that we delete that information. Finally, the CCPA provides the right to not be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights. We describe the choices you have to manage your privacy and data across the Platform (rights which allow you to access, review, update, and delete your information). If you have any questions or requests related to your rights under the CCPA, you (or your authorized agent) can contact us at email@example.com.
8.2 Users Outside of the U.S.
TheraHive, Inc. is headquartered in California, and in order to provide the services to you we must transfer your information to the United States and process it there, in compliance with the applicable privacy laws. By visiting or using our Platform, you consent to storage of your information on servers located in the United States. If you are using the Platform from outside the United States, you consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of your information in and to the United States or other countries. Specifically, personal information collected in Switzerland and the European Economic Area (“EEA”) is transferred and stored outside those areas. To transfer data from the EEA to other countries, such as the United States, we will comply with legal frameworks that establish an equivalent level of protection with that under European Union/UK law.
Information may also be processed outside of Switzerland and the EEA by our service providers, including to process transactions, facilitate payments, and provide support services as described in Section 4. We have entered into information processing agreements with our service providers that restrict and regulate their processing of your information on our behalf. By submitting your information or using our Platform, you consent to this transfer, storage, and processing by TheraHive and its processors.
The European Commission has approved the use of model contract clauses as a means of ensuring adequate protection when transferring data outside of the EEA. By incorporating model contract clauses into a contract established between the parties transferring data, personal data is considered protected when transferred outside the EEA or the UK to countries which are not covered by an adequacy decision. We may also rely on these model contract clauses for data transfers.
9. Updates to this Notice
When we make a material change to this Notice, we’ll notify users via email, in-product notice, or another mechanism required by law. We will also notify you by revising the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Privacy Notice. Changes become effective the day they’re posted as specified in the “Last Updated” date Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail with any questions, concerns, or disputes.
9.1. Modifications to This Privacy Notice
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Notice. If we make any material change to it, we will notify you via email, through a notification posted on the Platform, or as required by applicable law. We will also include a summary of the key changes. Unless stated otherwise, modifications will become effective on the day they are posted.
As permitted by applicable law, if you continue to use the Platform after the effective date of any change, then your access and/or use will be deemed an acceptance of (and agreement to follow and be bound by) the revised Privacy Notice. The revised Privacy Notice supersedes all previous Privacy Notices.
Any capitalized terms not defined in this Notice are defined as specified in TheraHive’s Terms of Service. Any version of this Privacy Notice in a language other than English is provided for convenience. If there is any conflict with a non-English version, you agree that the English language version will control.
10. Contact information & About us
If you have any questions, concerns, or disputes regarding our Privacy Notice, please feel free to contact our privacy team using the addresses below.
FAO: Information Protection Manager
Address: TheraHive Inc., 840 Autumn Ln. Mill Valley, CA 94941
Effective date: 1/1/2021
Last updated: 4/13/2021
We value your privacy. This cookie notice (“Cookie Notice”) explains what cookies are and how we use them. Please read this Cookie Notice together with our privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”). Capitalized terms used and not defined in this Cookie Notice have the meanings given such terms in the Privacy Notice. By continuing to browse our website, clicking on “Accept” or “OK” on or closing our cookie banner/message, you agree that we can store and access cookies and other data collection tools as described in this policy unless you have disabled them.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser as you browse the internet. They can be used to collect, store, and share information about your activities across websites, including on TheraHive Platform. Cookies also allow us to remember things about your visits to TheraHive Platform, like your preferred language, and to make the Platform easier to use.
The type of cookies we use
There are different types of cookies that we use:
“Persistent Cookie” is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. This cookie is used to improve your experience of using the website, for example, to store your preferences for your next visit to our website. This cookie is activated again once you visit the website that created that particular cookie. A persistent cookie remains in the browser's subfolder for the duration period set within the cookie's file.
“Session Cookies” is only stored temporarily on your computer during your web session. Session cookies are temporary and deleted from your machine when you close your web browser. This cookie is used to help us track internet usage and other information about an individual’s online activity.
“First party Cookies” are cookies that belong to us and that we place on your device through our website. The function of this type of cookie is to retain your preferences for our website. These cookies may be either Session or Persistent cookies.
“Third-party Cookies” are cookies that another party places on your device through our website. We may use these cookies to assist us by providing statistical and analytics information. An example of these is Google Analytics. These cookies are usually Persistent cookies. For more information on how third-party companies collect and use information on our behalf, please refer to their privacy policies.
Category of cookies
The cookies used on our Platform are categorized as follows:
Category 1 — Strictly Necessary/Technical/Security Cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to browse around our website and use their features. Without these cookies, the Platform cannot be used as intended. For instance, these cookies are remembering your decision or action on our website and thus enabling features of services such as having a saved cart with courses that you wish to enroll in and e-billing. Your consent is not required for strictly necessary cookies.
Category 2 — Performance/Analytics Cookies
These cookies allow us or our third-party service providers to collect information about how you interact with the Platform and to enhance the user experience. For example, these cookies track what pages you go to the most. This data may be used to help optimize the Platform and make them easier for you to navigate the Platform. These cookies are also used to let affiliates know if you came to the Platform from an affiliate and if your visit resulted in the use or purchase of a product or service from us. These cookies collect anonymous information and do not identify you as an individual. All information these cookies collect is aggregated.
Category 3 — Functionality/Preferences Cookies
These cookies allow the Platform to remember choices you make while browsing. For instance, we may store your geographic location and your language choices so that we can show you our website localized for your area. They may also be used to keep track of what featured products or videos have been viewed to avoid repetition. These cookies collect anonymous information. The information these cookies collect will not personally identify you and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Category 4 - Targeting (Social Media & Advertising) cookies and other technologies that are similar to cookies. These cookies provide you with targeted advertising and track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns, both on our services and on other websites or mobile apps. These cookies can be First-party Cookies or Third-party Cookies. Cookies generated by third-party service providers have their own privacy policies and may use their cookies to target advertising to you on other websites based on your visit to the Platform.
Categories 2 through 4 are not necessary for the adequate function of the Platform you use; instead, these cookies are intended for your convenience.
How can you delete or disable cookies
If you do not agree to the use of these cookies, please disable them by following the instructions for your browser set out here, refer to your browser ‘help’ / ‘tool’ or ‘edit’ section, or use the automated disabling tool where available. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Platform.
You may withdraw your consent to use Platform cookies at any time by deleting and blocking these cookies through your internet browser settings. For more information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit this page. Please note, deleting or blocking cookies in relation to the Platform may affect the function and usability of the Platform.
Authentication and security
- To log you into TheraHive Platform
- To protect your security
- To help detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate TheraHive’s agreements
For example, cookies help authenticate your access to TheraHive Services and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your accounts.
- To remember information about your browser and your preferences
- To remember your settings and other choices you’ve made
For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or the country you’re in, so we can provide content in your preferred language without asking each time you visit.
Analytics and Research
- To help us improve and understand how people use TheraHive Platform
For example, cookies help us test different versions of TheraHive to see which features or content users prefer, web beacons help us determine which email messages are opened, and cookies help us see how you interact with TheraHive’s Platform, like the links you click on.
You can opt out of some of these services through tools like the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- To provide you with more relevant advertising
Please note that where advertising technology is integrated into the Platform, you may still receive advertising on other websites and applications, but it will not be tailored to your interests. To learn more about targeting and advertising cookies and how you can opt out, visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html, or if you’re located in the European Union, visit the Your Online Choices site.
When using mobile applications you may also receive tailored in-app advertisements. Apple iOS, Android OS, and Microsoft Windows each provide its own instructions on how to control in-app tailored advertising. For other devices and operating systems, you should review your privacy settings or contact your platform operator.
What are your privacy options?
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to decline cookies by consulting your browser’s support articles. If you decide to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some interactive features in the Platform.
Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, so your browser’s cookie-management tools may not remove them.
To get information and control cookies used for tailored advertising from participating companies, see the consumer opt-out pages for the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance, or if you’re located in the European Union, visit the Your Online Choices site. To opt out of Google Analytics’ display advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page.
For general information about targeting cookies and how to disable them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Updates & Contact Info
From time to time, we may update this Cookie Notice. If we do, we’ll notify you by posting the Notice on our website with a new effective date. If we make any material changes, we’ll take reasonable steps to notify you in advance of the planned change.